I will not forget so easily a statement I imbibed from one of my leadership mentors, "... not until I successfully finish my leadership task, I am not a Leader". These words provoke my thoughts on leadership from time to time, as I came to the understanding that there is no such thing as a 'failed leader', Leadership in itself is successful and without failure in its lexicon; should any one fail as a leader, he was not a leader in the first place. I learnt, leadership is not the position in itself, but a test of it qualification. In short, the euphoria of a leader is weighed more on his/her ending than beginning. As Ecclesiastes 7:8 puts it, "Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof..." The reality of the close of the present year is much with us than the previous weeks, specifically with the festive mood over the annual celebration of the birth date of the Jesus Christ (God's gift and redemption of the whole universe). However, the lo...
DIVINE AND SPIRITUAL: ANY DIFFERENCE? Receiving this from one of our post where the reader pick the quoted aspect...you may read our preceding post to this to understand the context properly.๐ "...action cannot be divine talk less spiritual", what's the difference sir. I mean 'Divine' and 'Spiritual'. Thank you sir. Our Response:๐ I commend your interest to search things out. God bless your heart! Beloved, anything divine is exclusively an act of God, such thing or experience is a product of God's sovereign prerogative over creation...this things often happen without our inputs and they are always marvellous in our sights...we wonder and know deep down within us that it was never our making. That's divine! On the other hand anything spiritual will demand our inputs in terms of our submission, consecration and involvement with the Spirit of God. In short, man can not produce anything Spiritual towards God without engaging the Holy Spirit of God fo...
PATIENCE, FORBEARANCE AND LONGSUFFERING Question: "...I like to know...is there is a difference between patience, forbearance and longsuffering?" 'Forbearance' and 'Longsuffering' are closely knitted with Patience. Literally, these words can be used interchangeably, but in scriptural context, they are presented as different spiritual virtues that a true Christian must posses. Being called or identifying with the Christian faith is not just enough, it is only enough when the nature of Christ is expressed in our way of life. I mean to say, claiming and associating with Christ's kingdom on earth without gracious evidence of virtuous fruits is empty. Have I digressed? I don't mean to, sure you got that point๐. Now, let's consider scriptures, "...despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?" (Romans 2:4). This opens us to see God's nature of ...
Comments
Post a Comment